| I don't know much about the world of blogging. I'm not sure anyone will ever read these words. This is my first foray into such technology. Generally, technology and I don't mesh easily. My children love it. I'm a little intimidated by it. I'm not a product of the video game text messaging generation. I'd like to think that in the months ahead I will publish thoughtful pieces that others will find inspiring and enlightening. Right now I am a raw novice. I don't even know how to add an image to this blog. Let me start by saying that I am a preacher. It has been a great life for me. God has blessed me to work with three congregations of wonderful Christians who have encouraged me to grow personally and professionally. My experiences with these churches of Christ have been positive in every way. I have been blessed. I am in a small quandry today. I am in between what to preach now that Easter has gone by. Have you ever felt in between something or some place? I am trying to capitalize on this feeling by investigating the forty days Jesus spent on earth in between His resurrection and His ascension. I've entitled the lesson(s) "Between Joseph's Tomb and Heaven's Gate." So far, though, nothing has jumped out and grabbed me and I'm running out of time (it is Saturday mid-afternoon). My wife wants me to preach her favorite passage from Jeremiah 29:11. It is an ispirational passage. "For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." I think I will come back to this in a couple of weeks and preach a series of lessons based on some of the Great Inspirational Scriptures. Well, this exercise has diverted my attention long enough. I must get back to the "tweener" texts in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, and 1 Corinthians before Sunday arrives. May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with you. |
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Trying something new
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment